November 6, 2013

Birthday Balloons in a Box

Birthdays are a big deal in our house.  So when the birthday girl is a college student and not in the house, the party goes to the girl.  I mailed this huge box to my daughter at school, with each birthday balloon containing a special surprise.


The balloons were filled with money (rolled up bills), gum, erasers, mascara, bubbles, a ninja, a mustache, candy, pens, a crazy straw, lip gloss and more.


I used 9-inch and 12-inch round balloons from a party store as they were thicker than those I first tried from the dollar store.  The 9-inch were perfect for rolled up bills, and the 12-inch, with patience, worked for the small toys.  The ninja was the toughest, but everyone should have a ninja in their life.


I taped a safety pin inside her card for ease of popping.


Her Facebook post.





Happy birthday, Sweet Pea!


~Merrill


1 comment:

Mayra said...

This is a great idea! I can't wait to use it for my boys.