I am a little sad because the guy with the caterpillar eyebrows left Debra Messing last night on SMASH. Granted, she should never have had an affair (or affairs, as the case may be) with Joe DiMaggio. I do hope they reconcile. So, chicken soup to lift my après SMASH spirits is in order.
CHICKEN SOUP *MUFFINS*
This is the easiest thing ever! You'll need: homemade soup, a silicone muffin pan (I chose cheery hearts), a cookie sheet and a ladle or large spoon. Oh, and a freezer. That is it!
1. Place silicone muffin pan on cookie sheet. If you try to do this later in the process, soup will undoubtedly slosh all over your counter. Nobody wants to clean up sloshed soup.
2. Ladle soup into muffin pan.
3. Carefully place cookie sheet with filled muffin pan on level shelf in freezer and wait. Whistle while you wait (or, is it work?) if you like, but I typically craft nifty gifites (HERE) while I wait. Note to self: Learn to whistle.
4. Once frozen solid, remove *muffins* and place them in freezer zippered bag.
5. Freeze for later use. When you have a hankering for homemade soup (Alton Brown recommends avoiding canned soups at at all times. Read about it HERE), pop a frozen soup *muffin* or two into a bowl or mug and microwave, stirring every so often. Easy and good. Enjoy!
Now that I have my bowl of comforting soup, back to SMASH. I stumbled upon the awesome TV series while cruising the OnDemand offerings. I watched one episode, then another, then had a SMASH marathon and am now completely hooked! It's wonderful! It's all about the development of a Broadway show centering around the life of Marilyn Monroe. There is much more drama behind the scenes than on stage.
Make soup. Eat soup. Freeze soup. Eat more soup. Love life. Watch SMASH. ♥