April 2, 2012

Meatless Monday: Roasted Vegetable Pizza Birthday Celebration

Today we celebrated my dear friend Susan's birthday with lunch at The Cheesecake Factory.  Susan and I worked together four million years ago and have been close friends ever since.  She is über-smart, a gifted writer, lover of animals, my creative sounding board, as well as devil's advocate, and the most loyal of friends.  She and I adore our husbands (She, hers.  Me, mine.  Just for clarification <winkie face>).  


During my last visit to The Cheesecake Factory, I ordered their roasted vegetable pizza with goat cheese.  It was so deelish that I couldn't wait to have it again.  This time also, it didn't disappoint.  It's a Mediterranean-style pizza, topped with roasted eggplant, red and yellow peppers, grilled onion, artichokes, Kalamata olives, tomato, mozzarella and goat cheese.  Heaven!  

Susan enjoyed nachos (also meatless), which I tried (natch!).  Melted cheese has to be my favorite guilty-pleasure food.  Yum.


What's a meal at The Cheesecake Factory without cheesecake?  We shared a piece of Dutch apple caramel streusel.  Mmm...


 Happy birthday, sweet Susan!  I love you!


Click HERE to check out my yummy Meatless Monday recipes. 

 ~Merrill

No comments: