Here are five favorites from our weekend haul.
1. Sweet Kale Salad. I love this salad and have it for lunch at least once a week. Each bag contains broccoli, Brussels (which is plural ... I did not know that) sprouts, cabbage, kale and chicory, with dried cranberries, roasted pumpkin seeds and poppyseed dressing. Yum!
2. Silk Pure Almond Milk. Vegan and gluten-free. We use this, and the wild blueberries below, in our cereal every morning. A good price.
3. Sabra Roasted Pine Nut Hummus. Vegan and gluten-free. Quick and easy healthy snack, as a dip with cut up veggies or with black bean and quinoa tortilla chips, also from Costco, natch! It makes a nice spread for sandwiches, in place of mayonnaise.
4. Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves. These are also vegan, which is perfect for my husband. I am hobbling along the vegan path, with cheese remaining my downfall. I am convinced that there really is such a thing as a cheese addiction. Cheese and super spicy food. These grape leaves are handmade and stuffed with seasoned rice, tomatoes, onions and red peppers. We enjoy having them for dinner with a salad. Yummy and 0g saturated fat and trans fat. Oh, and they're gluten-free.
5. Wyman's of Maine Wild Blueberries. We visited Maine last summer where we celebrated our wedding anniversary while falling in love with their wild blueberries. Every morning these top our cereal.